A multi-functional, lightweight and high strength carabiner, the RNR NFPA Aluminum Modified D features a hot-forge construction which allows us to remove weight where it’s not needed and add material to boost strength and durability. The carabiner’s narrow, low profile nose and keylock design allow for smooth, snag-free connections to belay loops, rappel devices, webbing, and gear loops. The ergonomic shape and smooth gate action make this carabiner ideal for use with a gloved hand in fire rescue & water rescue applications. The NFPA Aluminum Modified D is the big brother to Omega Pacific’s popular Tephra carabiner.
- Enhanced Modified D shape provides a large gate opening and a comfortable fit in the hand.
- Thread design and knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Single Hand Operation.
- Available in two unique anodized colors.
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Anodized
- Dimensions: 4.72" x 2.95"
- Gate opening: .9”
- Weight: 2.89 oz (82g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 30kN (6,744 lbf)
- Minor axis– 9kN (2,023 lbf)
- Gate open– 8kN (1,798 lbf)
- Third party tested to NFPA1983