The MK-1 Structural Glove
The Vanguard Safety Wear MK-1 model is a gauntlet style wing thumb structural firefighting glove certified compliant to the NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensemble for Structural Firefighting-2018 edition, by the Safety Equipment Institute McLean, VA USA.
Model # 7877
• Unprecedented 5 layers of 100% Kevlar knit for Premium Thermal, Cut & Puncture Resistance
• Cowhide reinforced back shell for long term Radiant Heat Resistance
• NFPA 1971 Compliant Moisture Barrier blocks Chemicals and Bloodborne Pathogens
• Multi-layer Kevlar Knit with Goatskin Palm provides Outstanding Flexibility, Grip and Dexterity
• Unique Sculpted Fingertip Design Provides Highest Level Tactility
• Intricate Sewing Construction for Highly Functional Tailored Fit
• Sewn Down Palm Layers for more Efficient Grip
• Premium Leather and 100% Kevlar for Rugged Construction
• Reinforced Thumb Crotch Protects High Wear Area
• Inner Liner Sewn and Bonded at the fingertips
- Sculpted Finger Tip construction for enhanced tactility/dexterity.
- The thumb crotch is reinforced with cowhide suede leather to reduce wear.
- Palm layers are sewn down together to enhance grip.
- The glove is stitched entirely with 100% Kevlar thread.